At Hotel Tropika, we are committed in preserving our natural resources. We are aware of our responsibilities to the environment and recognize the urgent need for new solutions to ensure a sustainable future for the next generation. We are therefore inviting our guests to join us in our programs to help take care of our ecosystem.
- Towel and linen re-use program – We encourage our guests to reuse towels and linen in order to conserve water and minimize the use of detergent which has ingredients that are harmful to the environment.
- Minimized use of plastic water bottles - We substantially reduce waste by using glass pitchers that are refilled with mineral water from dispensers located at each hotel floor.
- Shampoo dispensers – We provide shampoo in bulk dispensers instead of individual packets, thus cutting down on wasteful packaging.
- Al fresco restaurant - The hotel restaurant has the option to go al fresco by opening its doors and joining the open-air terrace section, thus allowing for a bigger function area.
- Bathroom toilet paper “use all” policy – The hotel provides two toilet paper dispensers in all guestroom toilets. In this manner, the hotel, while ensuring the availability of toilet paper at all times, allows a roll to run out and be replaced ahead of the other. Guests are encouraged to use up one roll at a time. Waste paper is eliminated.
- Energy-saving air conditioners – The lobby and restaurant areas utilize power-efficient inverter air conditioning.
- Conserving electricity in guest rooms – As guests leave with their key switches, electrical connection in the room, except for the refrigerator, is disconnected.
- Energy-saving light bulbs – The hotel only uses energy saving light bulbs (CFLs).
- Water conservation - We promote efficient water consumption with the use of controlled-flow showerheads in guest bathrooms and sensor-activated faucets in public restrooms. We water our gardens using rain collected in catchments.
- Non-Smoking Rooms - The hotel is aspiring for 100% smoke-free guestrooms. The hotel generally book smokers on the ground floor for easy access to the outdoor smoking areas.
- Newspaper program – Copies of national and local papers are provided for general usage at the lobby, or for purchase at a reduced price.